Ragnarok: Doom of the God's
WELCOME TO RAGNAROK'S NEW FORUM

We are still in the construction process of the forum, but please feel free to look around and contribute.

If you want, there is a chat box at the bottom of the main page.
WELCOME TO RAGNAROK'S NEW FORUM

We are still in the construction process of the forum, but please feel free to look around and contribute.

If you want, there is a chat box at the bottom of the main page.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gaming Community

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Suggested armys

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Revelation

Revelation

Suggested armys Empty
PostSubject: Suggested armys   Suggested armys Icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 8:20 pm

I was asked to post this by Baldahiir and from looking at what some of you have for armies already I see you dont need to hear this, lol.

Obviously to do this the fastest you need to build from all your barracks and shipyards at the same time. So that means you need to always keep your sulfur and wood and wine evenly distributed throughout your empire. Build the same number of each troop in each city, once this is done move them all to one location so if you have to attack, you can do so in one swift motion.

First thing to build is Marksmen, then Phalanx. Steam giants really are not needed unless you really want them. But phalanx do a very nice defensive job and there stamina is untouched. I recommend at least a 3 to 1 ratio on these (3 marks to every phalanx). And dont forget the seige engines. I have used both mortars and catapults. Catapults do a great job, dont cost as much and are faster on land then the mortars. I recommend 200 of these, (100 min.) Now of course you also need a fleet. The best attack vessel is the Paddle Wheel Ram. The are fast and have a good stamina. Subs are slow and die easily, not to mention the cost difference.

When attacking a city you will always have to do it in two waves. The best I have seen to work so far is:
1st wave attack with your seige engines and phalanx followed up with the marks men. Each breach in the wall gives you a 10% bonus attack for the marksmen. So if you get 20 breaches in a level 20 wall your marks men will get a 200% bonus to there attack score. Ya WOW!!

Save building cooks and docs to the very last. You will not need them until your ready to start deploying or attacking.

Now my army is not complete yet but here is a sample:
430 phalanx
1672 marks
350 steam giants
258 catapults
7 docs
20 cooks

726 pw rams.

Again this is just an example, this is by no means the golden army to have.
0x1, if you have anything further to add please do. After all he is the one that told me about this style of attacking. LOL
Back to top Go down
Yuds

Suggested armys Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggested armys   Suggested armys Icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2009 12:07 am

Revelation wrote:
I was asked to post this by Baldahiir and from looking at what some of you have for armies already I see you dont need to hear this, lol.

Obviously to do this the fastest you need to build from all your barracks and shipyards at the same time. So that means you need to always keep your sulfur and wood and wine evenly distributed throughout your empire. Build the same number of each troop in each city, once this is done move them all to one location so if you have to attack, you can do so in one swift motion.

First thing to build is Marksmen, then Phalanx. Steam giants really are not needed unless you really want them. But phalanx do a very nice defensive job and there stamina is untouched. I recommend at least a 3 to 1 ratio on these (3 marks to every phalanx). And dont forget the seige engines. I have used both mortars and catapults. Catapults do a great job, dont cost as much and are faster on land then the mortars. I recommend 200 of these, (100 min.) Now of course you also need a fleet. The best attack vessel is the Paddle Wheel Ram. The are fast and have a good stamina. Subs are slow and die easily, not to mention the cost difference.

When attacking a city you will always have to do it in two waves. The best I have seen to work so far is:
1st wave attack with your seige engines and phalanx followed up with the marks men. Each breach in the wall gives you a 10% bonus attack for the marksmen. So if you get 20 breaches in a level 20 wall your marks men will get a 200% bonus to there attack score. Ya WOW!!

Save building cooks and docs to the very last. You will not need them until your ready to start deploying or attacking.

Now my army is not complete yet but here is a sample:
430 phalanx
1672 marks
350 steam giants
258 catapults
7 docs
20 cooks

726 pw rams.

Again this is just an example, this is by no means the golden army to have.
0x1, if you have anything further to add please do. After all he is the one that told me about this style of attacking. LOL

i think u should add more phalank,for the first wave with those catapult,then send marks and those stg on 2nd or 3rd round.need around 2k phalank as a 1st wave when we face team battle.
on the ship,i prefer use 1pwrm:2mortar,on ur case u still need 1452mortar ship hahaha....the offence and defence point will equal if the rate is 1pwrm:2mortar....please dont build dive,they suck,except if u can win under 3rd round.maybe u more know bout this than me....just want to share this....

btw,bomb is a suck too and i just realize that i have 137 bomb sitting in my town hahaha....my bad,need to kill that bomb (need some fight).
Back to top Go down
0x1

0x1

Suggested armys Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggested armys   Suggested armys Icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2009 8:43 am

I don't think there's a perfect "formula" for success. It boils down to how you want to attack, or even defend which I will always avoid; I would rather run away like a little girl than defend anything. That's not completely true, if my army is being accompanied by my fellow brothers and I'm confident we can take on anything I will fight.

My thoughts so far regarding army composition and perhaps war fare in general:

Cooperated attacks were roles are assigned
This type of attacks are of course best suited during large scale wars. The idea is to have the team members to have them focus on the type of units to employ: a small group focuses mainly on breachers, another small group does mainly navy and lastly the rest will be focused on assault units. Again, mainly one class, everybody should be able to handle small attacks on their own. So you must never ONLY do just assaults, or just navy, etc.

Ground: Breachers
Again (from above posts), the person commanding the largest breaching army must strike the target first. Depending on your mission, win battle as soon as possible or massacre; if former, try to have everybody land before second round begins. Otherwise you can spread out the waves into multiple rounds. This is necessary to not overpower the battle having the enemy surrender prematurely.
What are good breachers? Mortars, rams and catapults, all three will give you breaching bonuses. I'm not a fan of catapults mainly because they are more expensive to build and takes more time. Besides having the actual breachers, you must send along a vast amount of phalanxes as well to increase the defense while the wall is being breached. For individuals, ~200 rams or 100 mortars is fine to win most 1-on-1 battles.

Ground: Assaults
My preference goes to marksmen over bombardiers: cheap to replace, both in terms of required resources and time. Marksmen are also perfect for situations where battles will last more than 3 rounds. Bombardiers will die fairly quickly compared to marksmen. So shortly: use bombardiers if you want to overpower the enemy; and make sure you do, cause if you fail to do so, you will be in big trouble. Others like me that love to kill as many enemies as possible, go with marksmen. Take into consideration you also will loose more units compared to winning within 3 rounds!

Navy
PWR's and a small amount of mortars. When it comes to navy, I'm very picky regarding amount of resources to build and more importantly travel speed! If you can reduce the travel time, it's easier to act upon events. Or keep a small time-window for the target to react. What about submarines? Subs are at their best when combined with mortars. They are like soul-mates. But mortars are too slow for me to even consider them if they are not required (because sometimes you must use mortars, their attacking power is just insane and they don't die that easily!). The fact mortars are slow and high upkeep (time multiplies upkeep!) I try not to move them a lot. So to me they are not very effective to use during long distance operations.

Other
Cooks and doctors are great to have among your men. So don't forget about them.
Back to top Go down
Randae

Randae

Suggested armys Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggested armys   Suggested armys Icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2009 12:02 pm

Good info there 0x1, but please post it somewhere in the general forums... Only part of the alliance will see it here.
Back to top Go down
herakos

Suggested armys Empty
PostSubject: hii there?!   Suggested armys Icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2009 12:12 am

hello, i would like to know:

430 phalanx
1672 marks
350 steam giants
258 catapults
7 docs
20 cooks
726 pw rams.

whether this sample of units is for one town or for all your town? which will be evenly distributed and will be called when necessary? thanks! gettinghigh
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Suggested armys Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggested armys   Suggested armys Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Suggested armys
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Ragnarok: Doom of the God's :: Tactical room-
Jump to: